PRE-COLLEGE PIANO PROGRAM
for Middle & High School Piano Students
Is college or conservatory in your future?
Will piano be a serious part of that journey?
Do you want to be ready for an important audition?
Accelerate and advance your musical journey through our Pre-College Piano Program. Learn from renowned master teachers, gain valuable performance experience, and receive expert guidance on college auditions, applications, and video recordings.
The objective of OCMD’s Pre-College Piano Program is to prepare the student for the short term — acceptance into the conservatory or university of choice and to thrive in that experience, and the long term – to become the best artist the student is capable of becoming. Our approach is simple. We focus on technique and artistry, collaborating closely with the student’s private teacher, who focuses on repertoire and proficiency.
– Technique training in pedaling, fingering, body mechanics, and tone production
– Coaching on artistry, including interpretation, color, and dynamics
– Advanced music theory and history
– Solo, concerto and chamber performances
– Accompaniment and collaborative playing
– Monthly master classes on Steinway Model D Grand Piano
– Saturday classes, private lessons, rehearsals and performances